Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nothing too exciting...

... just the start to another year in my wonderful life!

This year brings my first post-collegiate year, and the search for my first teaching job... Lemme just say that there aren't too many music positions open in January. However, going to the state's DoE website shows an abundance of Special Ed, Math, and even some counseling positions open. Not a lick of music in all the state. But more on that later...

We started off the new year with the only way to do so- corn bread, carrots, sweet English peas, and black-eyed peas with ham, with roast beef as well. For those of you that don't know how to properly bring in January 1- SHAME ON YOU; this is the only way! Corn bread is for gold, greens (peas in our case) for money, and black-eyed peas for health and luck (I've also heard prosperity; similar to but different from luck). Carrots look like coins, pork is for forward progress, and my mother-in-law's roast beef is amazing! :-) Even my husband took part. He hates- detests even- black eyed peas, and ate three beans for the luck! So proud of you baby! Haha!!

Monday was my husband's last day off before starting school again (halfway through his first year teaching!), so we didn't do too much. Neither of us was feeling too well (apparently we didn't eat enough black eyed peas for health... heh). Tuesday was my first day alone- just me and the pups! I missed them last semester, so it has been nice to lay with them, watch them play and run, and see the smiles on their faces! I'm trying to soak as much in as possible, but again- more on that later!

Shameless plug for my fur-babies!

Lillie And Alex, taking a nap... on each other... 

Lillie, sleeping in her favorite position ever! 

Wednesday and Thursday were uneventful. Friday I drove down to my husband's school and got to work with some of his students. He is a band director and choir teacher and I just finished my degree in music education, so fret not- it's not like I am teaching them calculus or chemistry! I led a clarinet sectional with his 6th graders- absolutely precious! In choir, I sang along with his students and got to watch my husband teach- it was fun! After school, we drove into Memphis to get my rings checked and sent off, and then we had dinner with my mom and stepdad. It was a late night, but I am glad we went!

Let me interject here- for those of you that are the praying type, can you say one (or as many as you can spare) for my family- God knows why!

Anyway, my mom and I spent the evening working on my youngest cousin's blanket. She has had it since she was born (she's 8) and it was falling apart! I used scissors, a seam ripper, and a sewing machine- in heaven! She was SO happy to get it back this morning!

And the BIGGEST news of the week?? Something I can't mention until it's confirmed, but it's good! It is NOT that I'm preggo, so get that out of your head right now! Trust me, it's good... Oh yeah! 


This has been on my mind this week- "You are God, of all else I'm letting go." Sometimes it's easier to think that than it is to release my seeming control over things. If it is His will, it will happen...

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling...


You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go.

Oh I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign!  

~~ Forever Reign, One Sonic Society



Like it? Retweet it!

No comments:

Post a Comment