Saturday, January 7, 2012

My BIG news from last week?

An additional endorsement on my teaching license! For those of you that don't know much about the educations system, I am limited in what I can teach. For example, my license is in K-12 Instrumental Music Education, not in secondary biology, so I cannot teach biology. Now, if I really wanted to teach biology, I might have to take a few more classes and take a few more Praxis exams, but more importantly, I would have to add a biology endorsement to my license. Well, I found out Friday that the state has approved a Vocal endorsement to my license!

So, what does THAT get me?

A big girl, doing-what-I-spent-years-in-college-for JOB!! 

I am now the choir director (thanks to my new endorsement) and the band assistant (my original licensure area) at the high school that I did part of my student teaching! I start tomorrow... Freaking out, but very excited to move on to the next chapter of my, and my husband's, life!

I love it when God answers prayers.

As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever! ~I Lift My Hands, Chris Tomlin

Like it? Retweet it!

2 comments: