Saturday, April 7, 2012

How Deep The Father's Love For Us

How vast beyond all measure, 
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure... 


Evenin'!


So, I know it's April. And I realize that my last post was in January. But I've been busy, see! 


After the rush of the New year, being offered a job at the school where I did my second student teaching placement last semester, and then my job being extended to a full-time position, one month exactly from the day I graduated, made for a rush of excitement! 


How's that for a run-on sentence?! 


Anywho... 


Since then, I have been getting used to being on "the other side" at school, getting used to my students, learning that making sub plans means I would rather not miss school if I can help it, and just about any thing else that you can think of! I love my colleagues and the support staff at school, and I love that I finally have the chance to do what I have spent so much time (and money) learning to do! 


In the band world, we are already preparing for next year's season, and in the choir world I am trying to make it to the end of May... 


However, I can't make it to next year's marching season, or this May, or next week without first getting to experience Easter. The reality that God sent Christ, His SON, to save us is amazing. We, who deserve NOTHING, were given EVERYTHING when Jesus came down, died, and rose again. What the song says it true- why should I gain from His reward? I did nothing to deserve that agape love, to deserve His grace and forgiveness and mercy, yet I have it. 

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

~~ How Deep the Father's Love For Us, Stewart Townsend


And in a song that many people know, but play/sing it at Christmas, this is the time of year for which the song was intended!

The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ, and of His Christ;
And He shall reign for ever and ever,
For ever and ever, forever and ever



Happy Easter, y'all! He is risen!


Like it? Retweet it!

No comments:

Post a Comment